Terms and Conditions
Services provided by The Window Cleaning Company (SE) Ltd are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- "We" or "our" refers to The Window Cleaning Company (SE) Ltd. "You", "your" or "the client" refers to the customer receiving the
service(s) detailed overleaf. Quotations
- All estimates are subject to site survey & confirmation by written quotation.
- Quotations are valid for 28 days.
- A quotation accepted either verbally or by signature will be subject to the Terms and Conditions herein.
On the day of the wash, or other service
- All windows must be closed on washday before cleaning. Any open windows which cannot be closed will not be washed.
- We reserve the right to make a surcharge in the case of exceptionally dirty windows.
- Full access is required on the day of the clean. We are unable to move any obstacles which may inhibit cleaning. Should partial access on the scheduled day reduce the extent of the clean, we reserve the right to charge for 100% of the scheduled clean.
- Inside windows: it is your responsibility to ensure that windows are accessible and sills and other surfaces are cleared beforehand.
- We will not clean any windows we consider to be inaccessible, structurally unsound or unsafe on the day of the clean.
- We do not accept liability for any damage howsoever caused during the provision of our services.
- Windows cleaned with pure water for the first time may require two or three washes before the full benefit is seen, due to the chemical
residue left by traditional cleaning methods, or leaching of ingrained dirt from frames and other areas.
- Jet washing: we require access to an external water supply and 13 amp electrical supply to operate our equipment.
- Gutter clearance: we require access to a 13 amp electrical supply to operate our equipment.
- We will leave written details of the next scheduled job prior to leaving your premises.
Postponements & Cancellations
- Every effort will be made to clean on the appointed day, although we reserve the right to alter the day without notice.
- Postponement of any service will require a minimum of 24 hours notice from the client before any scheduled wash date.
- In the event of cancellation by the customer of any scheduled service or part thereof on the scheduled wash day, we reserve the right to charge 50% of the value of the work that was cancelled on the scheduled day.
- As our cleaning processes apply throughout the year, weather conditions will not be accepted as reason from the client to postpone our scheduled service.
- In the rare instance of weather conditions where we deem it unsafe or our cleaning processes may be inoperable, we will endeavour to provide you with as much notice as possible and re schedule the wash day.
- If you postpone a wash and the period between washes extends to over 11 weeks, your next wash may incur an additional charge.
- Repeat services carried out in a period in excess of 12 weeks may be subject to re survey and re quotation on an individual basis.
Extent of cleaning
- External glass surfaces will usually be washed with pure water from water fed poles.
- All surfaces washed with pure water will be left to dry naturally.
- A window or door is defined as any part which consists of frame, sill, sash and glass, made of wood, aluminium, steel or UVPC.
- Paint, varnish, lime scale, mastic, cement mortar, glue, labels, or other building products cannot be removed by pure water alone. This can be arranged, subject to survey and access, at a separate cost.
- Sills made of brick, tile, stone or any material other than wood, aluminium, steel or UVPC may damage our brush heads and will not be washed
- Internal glass surfaces will be cleaned using traditional methods.
- External window cleaning consists of vertical windows and velux windows only unless specified otherwise.
- Internal windows or internal conservatory roof cleaning is to the glass only and are priced individually.
- Fascia & soffit cleaning includes the gutter face and as far behind the gutter as can be reached with our brushes.
- Jet washing will remove most stains from patios, paths & driveways, but some marks like black spot may not be removed by this process.
- Gutter clearance is by high reach vacuum and does not include the removal or replacement of any leaf guards or other device.
- Gutter clearance is restricted to just the gutters and does not include the removal, repair or replacement of any part of the gutter or downpipes.
Payments & termination
- Payments are made by direct debit by GoCardless. All Direct Debit are subject to the banks direct debit guarantee. Set up for direct debit is via our weblink www.thewindowcleaningcompany.net/payments
- Window cleaning or other services may not be provided on outstanding accounts.
- In the event of a dispute over payment, it is the client's responsibility to prove that payment in full has been made and cleared.
- We reserve the right to make late payment charges and to recover any costs incurred in debt recovery.
- We reserve the right to amend or terminate any introductory, promotional or referral scheme at any time without notice.
- Terminated accounts will not re qualify for any introductory offer if the account is re opened.
- We reserve the right to terminate your cleaning account without notice.
- Residential contracts require 7 days written notice from the client prior to termination. Cancellation of your direct debit does not constitute a cancellation of service.
- Commercial contracts require 28 days written notice from the client prior to termination, except in the case of a fixed contract period where the total contract value must be settled in full.
- Less than the required period of notice to terminate any contract will incur the full charge of any scheduled work.
- All costs are inclusive of vat at the standard rate unless specified otherwise.
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed as we will re clean any window which we recognise as unsatisfactory, so long as the complaint is received within 24 hours from the time of the wash.
- Any complaints received after 24 hours will not be considered.
- All disputes are covered by English law and under the jurisdiction of English courts only.
Current Terms & Conditions
- We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
- A copy of our current Terms and Conditions is available on request.
- Errors & omissions excepted.